Experience life at Lidl and discover what it takes to succeed as part of our store management team. Over two years, you’ll develop your leadership skills through hands-on experience in-store, then working alongside our Logistics and Supply Chain team, before returning to store to fine-tune your skills and complete your leadership training. You’ll then be ready to lead a team of your own. With a range of training opportunities to develop your skills and leadership style, this isn’t an ordinary job, this is an extraordinary experience.
Please note that your application will include three online exercises, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you as a potential future leader for Lidl. To find out more and even conduct a practice exercise, please feel free to visit the following website: http://getstarted.cut-e.com
The process will also include a video interview and face-to-face assessment centre. We look forward to receiving your application.
What you’ll do:
- Your first year is about understanding how our stores and processes work, spending time in a range of roles, from Customer Assistant to Deputy Store Manager, before joining our Logistics and Supply Chain team to gain exposure of the wider business.
- In year two you will take on the role of the Store Manager, running a store on your own as a business manager whilst leading your team to drive success.
- On top of this, you’ll complete our comprehensive training academy with our full support along the way. You will be part of a fast-paced programme with tangible results and goals which could see you progress beyond Store Management.
- Throughout the two years, you will be part of different store teams and experience how running a store can vary across a region.
What you’ll need:
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels of the business.
- Adaptability for working independently and as part of the team.
- Initiative and determination to succeed in a fast paced, challenging environment.
- Desire to learn, develop and challenge yourself in a demanding and dynamic workplace.
- A degree in any subject, level 2.2 or above, completed by September 2021 and within the past 4 years.
- A full UK/EU driving licence by September 2021.
- To be legally entitled to work in the UK on a full time, permanent basis.
- To live, or be able to relocate to within 1 hour commute of the regional distribution centre in your chosen region is desirable but not essential.
What you’ll receive:
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary of £37,000 per annum, as well as a fully expensed company car and 30 days’ holiday per year. Save for your future with our pension scheme or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Here are just a few of our brilliant benefits.
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
You will be able to apply for a specific region whether that is near your University, family home or you are looking for an opportunity to experience somewhere new - it is down to you.
Upon offer we will inform you of your exact start date, this will be within the first 2 weeks of September 2021.