£10.30 up to £12.70 per hour - This isn’t clocking in and clocking out. This is helping us run like clockwork.
Our Shift Managers keep our stores running like clockwork. From motivating the team and delegating tasks, to rolling up their sleeves and getting stuck in, our Shift Managers help us to maintain our high standards every day. They support our Store Managers and Deputy Store Managers and take full responsibility for the shop floor when running a shift.
You will help satisfy customers and be the crucial difference in ensuring your store meets its our targets. It’s fast paced, and can be tough, but you’ll see the rewards from putting in the hard work. Join us and be part of an internationally-recognised growing brand. Choose us to progress your career and we’ll give you the responsibility to prove yourself as a leader. Find out more below and apply for a career a Lidl less ordinary.
Please note that your application will include three online exercises, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you as a potential future leader for Lidl. To find out more and even conduct a practice exercise, visit: https://assessment.aon.com/en-us/online-assessment/practice-assessments
The process will also include a telephone interview and face-to-face selection event. We look forward to receiving your application.
What you'll do
- Lead and motivate your team, in accordance with our Leadership and Company Principles
- Create an environment where your colleagues can do their best work
- Delegate tasks and solve problems swiftly
- Lead your store in the absence of the Store Manager and Deputy Store Manager, taking responsibility for day-to-day operations including the monitoring of store figures
- Keep on top of freshness, inventory and stock management, and cash processes to ensure shifts run smoothly
- Keep everything tidy and clean, on the shop floor and behind the scenes
- Ensuring and providing excellent customer service throughout the store
What you'll need
- Experience of leading a sizable team to achieve targets in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to effectively delegate tasks and motivate a team
- A customer-focused manner, remaining level-headed in any situation
- Willingness to work as a key part of the store team, completing daily tasks on every shift
- A responsible approach and excellent communication skills so you can provide your colleagues with feedback to help develop themselves and the store
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive hourly rate from £10.30 up to £12.70 (depending on experience and London weighting) plus an extra £2.00 per hour for hours worked between 00.00 - 05.00 and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that due to the current situation (COVID-19) there may be delays or changes to the application process. We apologise for this and thank you for your understanding.
Here are just a few of our brilliant benefits
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
Apply for one of 38 jobs as Shift Manager!
Where would you like to work?
Please search for a job you are interested in