This isn’t only being hands-on. This is being switched on.
Our Deputy Store Managers keep our stores running like clockwork, working on the shop floor with a driven team of Customer Assistants, Specialists and Shift Managers. We rely on our Deputy Store Managers to ensure the team is working efficiently to complete tasks accurately and on time.
You’ll be given great responsibility, ensuring the team alongside you stay motivated. You’ll be responsible for the store when the Store Manager’s away and be the first point of contact for customers and employees. In return, you’ll have the chance to lead a great team, representing an internationally-recognised growing brand.
If you can stay calm in any situation, you’re an effective decision maker and want to build on your impressive people management experience, find out more below and apply for a career a Lidl less ordinary.
What you’ll do
- Lead and motivate the team to work to their full potential every day and provide an environment where colleagues can produce their best work
- Lead and motivate your team, in accordance with our Leadership & Company Principles
- Create an environment where your colleagues can do their best work
- Ensure and provide excellent customer service throughout the store and be the lead point of contact for all customer queries
- Check and work deliveries, manage the till area and monitor store figures
- Monitor and comply with legal and company health and safety laws, standards and guidelines to meet store KPIs
- Independent management for the store in the absence of the Store Manager
What you’ll need
- Experience of leading and developing a team in a fast-paced environment
- A knack for time-management, delegation and problem solving
- Total customer focus and excellent communication skills to provide your colleagues with feedback to help develop themselves and the store
- The energy to support and motivate your team on every shift
- Determination to complete every to-do list on time, your store hit targets and maximise productivity
- Experience monitoring, managing and improving key performance indicators
What you’ll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the extensive training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary with 30-35 days’ holiday per year (pro rata). Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.