Lidl as a company
To enhance the lives of our customers, by providing quality products at market leading value, whilst ensuring that customer satisfaction is at the heart of everything we do.
- To deliver outstanding customer satisfaction.
- To ensure market leading quality and value by constantly innovating and optimising our efficient processes, driven by technology and people.
- To work with business partners in sustainable relationships, contributing positively to local communities.
- To achieve long term success by investing in the recruitment, training and development of our people.
Life at Lidl
We're famous for being ‘Big on Quality, Lidl On Price’. Offering the highest quality products at the lowest possible prices has definitely helped us become the success we are today, but that’s only part of the story, because it's our people that bring Lidl to life. Our business is built on their dedication, and our success is their success.
We're a diverse network of people from all walks of life. Thousands of different stories and personalities, and every one of us has a part to play in shaping our culture and our future. Our individuality makes every team unique, but we all share the same values across the business.
Join us, and you become part of a strong and growing business - part of one united team of talented, hardworking people, whose energy and commitment makes us what we are.
That energy and commitment reaches beyond the business too – we support environmental action, fair trade, sustainable sourcing and animal welfare. And we make a big difference to some important charities too.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that reflects the communities we serve, where all colleagues can be themselves. We are proud to be partnered with:
- Be Inspired - The programme pledges to break down barriers, promote women in leadership and drive inclusivity in retail through a rolling programme of free-to-attend virtual workshops, mentoring events, online content and a dedicated conference. We have been a Be Inspired Partner since 2018.
- Business Disability Forum - A not for profit membership organisation that exists to create a disability smart world by linking businesses, disabled people, and government. We have been a member since 2020.
- Stonewall - We are part of Stonewalls Global Diversity Champions programme. This gives us access to the tools we need to take a strategic and structured approach to LGBT equality initiatives. We have been a member since June 2020.
- Making the Leap - We sponsor a category at the Social Mobility Awards and work closely with the charity in London to highlight available opportunities to their cohorts.
Our leadership principles are in place to support and protect our employee values, reinforcing our commitment to you. Together we have pledged to:
- Lead through communication
- Develop our teams
- Remain efficient and dynamic
- Create trust and act fairly
- Take responsibility and be role models
We value and support each other, building our shared future and celebrating our shared success, so it's no wonder that such strong connections are made.
Our teams are close-knit, committed to each other and full of friendships forged on hard graft and mutual respect. Whatever your background and wherever you join us in the business, you’ll find your fit with Lidl.
Our energy and commitment reaches beyond the business – we support environmental action, fair trade, sustainable sourcing and animal welfare. And we make a big difference to some important charities too.