£9.30 up to £13.50 per hour - This isn’t choosing stock. This is picking a great career.
Our warehouses never stop running; 24 hours a day, our Warehouse Operatives work a range of shifts to make sure our stores receive the right stock, when they need it. We rely on every single employee in the warehouse to roll up their sleeves and get the job done - from fruit and veg, to meat and poultry, alcohol and frozen goods, it’s your energy that helps get our 2,000 plus products into the hands of our customers.
If you’re looking for a job that keeps you on your toes with great rewards, then you’re in the right place. We’ll make sure our rotas are available 3 weeks in advance so you’ll always be able to make the most of your free time. If you love being productive and making every second count, you’ll love life at Lidl.
This is a role for the fast thinkers and without your hard work our store shelves would be empty, so accuracy is essential. Through a headset you’ll be given instructions to pick and pack selected products for each store, and it’s vital you keep up with the pace. Want to get in your daily 10,000 steps? Here, we call it the Lidl walk. Ready to take your first step? Find out more below and apply for a career a Lidl less ordinary.
If it all goes well, someone from the recruitment team will get in touch to chat about your application over the phone and following this you may be invited to face to face interview.
What you'll do
- Pick a variety of products including meat, wine, fruit, frozen and chilled items
- Listen carefully to picking instructions through your headset and carry them out at pace
- Make sure your deliveries are perfectly stacked and secure
- Report any damaged items to your manager
- Take responsibility for working through your orders independently
- Help out in any team tasks, such as cleaning equipment and checking stock
What you'll need
- Some experience of working in a fast-paced, target driven environment
- Willingness to work with all different types of stock, in temperature-controlled areas
- Good attention to detail when working quickly
- Self-motivation to work hard and do everything to the best of your ability
- Flexibility to work a range of different shift options, during the Morning, Afternoon and Night
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive hourly rate from £9.30 up to £13.50 (including £2.00 per hour for hours worked between 00.00 - 05.00 and £1.00 per hour while working in the freezer) and 30 days’ holiday per year (pro rata). Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Apply for one of 5 jobs as Warehouse Operative!
Where would you like to work?
Please search for a job you are interested in