£10.30 up to £13.70 per hour* - We’re introducing our market leading pay increase in March 2022. Visit lidlcareers.co.uk/lidl-wage to find out more.
This isn’t 9-5. This is making the most of every day.
You can find out more about our various warehouse areas at the bottom of the page.
Our warehouses never stop running; 24 hours a day, our Warehouse Operatives work a range of shifts to make sure our stores receive the right stock, when they need it.
As a warehouse operative, you’ll quickly become a dab-hand at the job once you’ve completed your basic training. That’s because the core tasks remain the same every day of the year. You’ll need to take pride in a job well done. The challenge comes from working quickly, supporting the Recycling team, working together to maximise recycling performance and minimise the amount of waste being diverted to landfill.
If it all goes well, someone from the recruitment team will get in touch to chat about your application over the phone and following this you may be invited to face to face interview.
What you'll do
- Checking Vehicles into the Recycling Area
- Processing of various types of Food Waste from the sales / store team
- Processing Card / Plastic materials in an efficient manner
- Liaise with external contractors to ensure recycling collections are processed in a timely manner
- Liaising with the Warehouse to ensure waste is returned and processed in an efficient manner
- Report any damaged items to your manager
- Take responsibility for working through your tasks independently
- Help out in any team tasks, such as cleaning equipment and checking stock
What you'll need
- Some experience of working in a fast-paced, target driven environment
- Willingness to work around all different types of stock, in temperature-controlled areas
- Good attention to detail when working quickly
- Self-motivation to work hard and do everything to the best of your ability
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive hourly rate from £10.30 up to £13.70 per hour* (depending on experience) and 30 days’ holiday per year (pro rata). Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
*Max. rate includes £1 extra per hour for hours worked in the freezer and £2 extra per hour for hours worked between 00.00 - 05.00.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Here are just a few of our brilliant benefits
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.