£10.30 up to £13.70 per hour* - This isn’t 9-5. This is making the most of every day.
You can find out more about our various warehouse areas at the bottom of the page.
If you’re looking for a job that keeps you on your toes with great rewards, then you’re in the right place. We’ll make sure our rotas are available 3 weeks in advance so you’ll always be able to make the most of your free time. If you love being productive and making every second count, you’ll love life at Lidl.
Our maintenance team are always on the go, keeping our distribution centre and network of stores running smoothly by looking after our equipment, machinery, fixtures and fittings.
As a dedicated Maintenance Operative, you’ll take pride in making sure our warehouse stays in top condition, supporting your team with a can-do attitude, plenty of initiative and a flexible approach to work across our warehouse departments including, Maintenance, Warehouse Operations and Distribution and Recycling. It's a busy, dynamic work place, full of variety and fresh challenges.
What you'll do
• Manage our equipment service schedules and records
• Sort issues and fix breakdowns efficiently
• Proactively support your team
• Keep our lighting, refrigeration and heating in working order
• Help the Maintenance Manager with schedules
• Follow and encourage good working practices
• Report any product or equipment items to your manager
• Help out in any teams tasks, such as picking a variety of products (including meat, wine, fruit, frozen and chilled items) and checking stock.
What you'll need
• Relevant maintenance related qualifications and experience
• Confidence working with moving equipment
• Motivation, positivity and initiative
• A flair for multi-tasking to prioritise conflicting deadlines
• Flexibility to work across the warehouse departments
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive hourly rate from £10.30 up to £13.70 (*depending on experience) with 30 days’ holiday per year (pro rata). Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
*Max. rate includes £2 extra per hour for hours worked between 00.00 - 05.00.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Here are just a few of our brilliant benefits
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.