£54,000 up to £75,000 per hour (pro rata) - This isn’t day-to-day management. This is inspiring leadership.
Our huge distribution centres stock every product we sell in our stores. And they never stop. 24 hours a day, our teams receive, manage and ship out products from across our many different warehouse sections, including fruit and veg, meat and poultry, alcohol and frozen goods.
Our Goods Out team make sure the right products get loaded into trucks and shipped off to our stores, night and day. As Team Manager, you'll inspire and motivate them to get it spot on, shift after shift. It's hands-on and hard work.
You'll stay calm and keep track of every detail, even when things get busy. As well as managing hauliers, you'll book in deliveries to stores in your area, planning shipping schedules so every store gets exactly the stock they need, when they need it.
To lead and develop Warehouse Operatives and Assistant Team Managers, you'll need to be assertive, happy handling strong personalities and building relationships across our supply chain. It's full-on, fast-paced and not for the faint-hearted. And you wouldn't want it any other way.
Please note that your application will include three online exercises, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you as a potential future leader for Lidl. To find out more and even conduct a practice exercise, please feel free to visit the following website: http://getstarted.cut-e.com
The process will also include a telephone interview and face-to-face selection event. We look forward to receiving your application.
What you'll do
- Manage, train and support your team to get everything spot on
- Coordinate with stores and hauliers to plan and improve deliveries
- Support your Assistant Team Managers to recruit, train and develop their teams
- Regulate our recycling, working with contractors to keep costs down
- Keep quality levels high whilst boosting productivity in your department
- Make sure everyone follows the procedures and laws that apply to your area
What you'll need
- Supervisory or management experience in a warehouse environment
- A confident leadership style with an aptitude for training and developing a team
- Super organisation, a calm, analytical approach and a real eye for detail
- Self-motivation, a focus on targets and a can-do attitude
- Strong multi-tasking skills to prioritise conflicting deadlines
- An adaptable communication style to get your message across to anyone
- Must hold a full driving licence
What you'll receive
You'll be well rewarded as a key player in the Lidl team. As well as being part of a secure, fast-growing business, we'll make sure you have quality training and real opportunities to build your career. On top of your competitive salary, starting at £54,000 with the ability to earn up to £75,000 per annum (*dependant on experience), you'll get a company car, 35 days' holiday, a pension, private medical insurance, discounts on all Lidl products and on a range of holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Here are just a few of our brilliant benefits
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.