At this exciting time of rapid expansion for Lidl, we currently have an opportunity based in Head Office for someone who loves to solve problems, being creative and always puts the customer first. The individual will be joining the team that is primarily responsible for the creation and issuing of store planograms to our 800 stores across the UK. This role is central to the expansion of business in the UK, allowing the individual to be entrepreneurial and experimental with exploring new store concepts.
Whilst continuously monitoring regular tasks, you will also have the autonomy to actively work on projects and ideas of your own with the aim of developing and improving your core areas of responsibility. This is an ideal opportunity for a proactive, innovative and imaginative individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is passionate to continually improve our stores layouts with the customer journey in mind.
Please note: this is a Space Planner position but your contractual job title would be "Officer" in line with our internal role structures.
What you'll do
- Having full ownership of several sections, plan and create section displays, to maximise sales and ensure customer centricity
- Develop strong relationships with Buying, Category Management and Advertising to lead and create new store merchandising concepts based on category management data and through customer research. ‘Thinking outside the box’ is always encouraged
- Working with Buyers and suppliers to understand our customer shopping needs
- Inspire store compliance by traveling the country to present to regional RDC and store staff
- Upscaling and influencing these colleagues with category knowledge to help roll out successful launches
- Provide information on space and layouts as required to help steer the direction of categories.
- Enjoys working on projects from conception to completion and presenting project proposals and outcomes to Senior Management
- Actively participating in the Buying range review process, advising on space and improvements for the Category
What you'll need
- Previous store and/or supply chain/merchandising experience and experience working with layouts/merchandising essential
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders essential
- Pro-active with a confident, ‘can do’ attitude
- Highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to analyse data, spot trends and run reports
- Intermediate level of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Degree level educated or equivalent work experience
- Full clean driving licence desirable
- Role will involve some travel within the UK, overnight stays may be necessary
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £28,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.