Our growing Supply Chain department are looking for a confident and motivated Analyst to join the busy and fast-paced Logistics Administration Team based at our Head office within the Supply Chain Department. You will bring a proactive and creative approach to solving problems by following our international procedures. This role offers a high level of responsibility and the opportunity to be involved in and influence the coordination of the logistics process.
The successful candidate will liaise with Lidl Head Quarters in Germany, various Head Office Departments as well as stakeholders in our Regional Supply Chain teams. This is an exciting opportunity to join an area paramount to ensuring the successful delivery of stock to our regional distribution centres and lastly to our stores.
What you'll do
- Liaising with internal Head Office colleagues, international logistics departments and regional Supply Chain teams
- Preparing, consolidating and checking national orders prior to sending them to our International team
- Dealing with delivery issues with regards to stock imported to the UK
- First point of contact between UK & Germany for international logistic related questions (ad-hoc requests)
- Troubleshooting and resolving logistics issues
- Building a good relationship with national hauliers whilst dealing with their ad-hoc queries
- Providing support to our Account department and Buying related to invoice enquiries
- Updating and maintaining reports, logs and spreadsheets
- Pro-active actions to improve regional availability of products and write offs
What you'll need
- Significant administration experience with exemplary organisational skills, able to multi -task and manage their own work, with the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines is essential
- Pro-active with a confident, ‘can do’ attitude
- Used to working to schedules and deadlines with the ability to accommodate last minute requests with ease and efficiency
- Highly focused with an eye for detail
- Intermediate level of MS Excel
- Previous experience in a logistics or stock controlling related role is desirable
- German language is desirable but not essential
- Degree education is desirable
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £28,000 to £34,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.