At the heart of turning our ambitious expansion plans into reality lies our dynamic Property department. With an ever-growing portfolio of stores, our London Estates Consultants play a critical role in futureproofing, modernising and managing our complex store portfolio.
Responsible for the management of our London portfolio, you will be involved in the day to day store management through to largescale redevelopment projects, from concept and planning through to delivery. You will develop important relationships with internal Lidl stakeholders as well as key third parties along the way such as landlords, tenants and local authorities.
Working in a unique environment like ours, you can expect and look forward to taking ownership of important projects from initial concept all the way to completion, which means exceptional communication and negotiation skills are crucial, as is the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines!
What you'll do
- Real estate and property management of freehold and leasehold assets
- Design and implementation of modernisation and extension projects
- Managing planning applications from original submission to authorisation
- Negotiating and agreeing lease renewals, regears and lease breaks across leasehold portfolio
- Responsible for disposal of both freehold and leasehold surplus land, including residential
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with landlords and tenants
- Working closely with the facilities management to ensure implementation of major projects to trading stores.
- Supporting all property teams and sales colleagues in wide variety of property matters
- This role is based in our Morden Property Office
What you'll need
- Degree-level education (2:1 minimum) in a relevant real estate discipline
- Ideally, MRICS (or working towards) and experience in estate management, property management and planning
- Refined negotiating skills
- Sound commercial acumen
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and team player
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A highly analytical mind
- The ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- A full driving licence and the flexibility to travel throughout the UK
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £54,000 - £75,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting, company car and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Here are just a few of our brilliant benefits
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.