£54,000 up to £75,000 per annum (pro rata) - This isn’t an ordinary job. This is an extraordinary experience.
At the heart of turning our ambitious expansion plans into reality lies our dynamic Property department, and playing a critical role in securing this prosperous future is our talented Acquisition team.
Responsible for the management and expansion of our current portfolio, you will be involved in the full acquisition cycle from initial planning through ongoing asset management, and developing relationships with key third parties along the way such as landlords and developers.
Working in a unique environment like ours, you can expect and look forward to driving the full development and planning processes from concept to completion, which means exceptional communication and negotiation skills are crucial, as is the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines!
What you'll do
- Identifying, negotiating and acquiring sites to build new stores
- Managing planning applications from original submission to authorisation
- Supporting all expansion, relocation and improvement projects to our current infrastructure
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with landlords, tenants and developers
- Driving the full development and planning process from initial concept to final completion
- Real estate management of our freehold and leasehold assets
What you'll need
- Degree-level education (2:1 minimum) in a relevant discipline
- Ideally, MRICS and experience in acquisitions and planning
- Refined negotiating skills
- Sound commercial acumen
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A highly analytical mind
- The ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- A full driving licence and the flexibility to travel throughout the UK
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary from £54,000 up to £75,000 (depending on experience) with 35 days’ holiday per year (pro rata) and a fully expensed company car. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Here are just a few of our brilliant benefits
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.