Our Head Office Business Solutions department is looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and driven individual to join our team and build a career in a challenging and international environment
Business Solutions provide IT solutions for our Head Office, Regional Distribution Centres and Property Offices including, stock management, Mobile Applications, Reporting, Warehouse Management, HR, as well as other bespoke systems and solutions.
What you'll do
- Actively engage and consult with functional departments with existing and future systems rollout
- Identify and capture how business processes can be improved throughout existing or new solutions and create solution proposals
- Create specifications for system changes and, coordinate with internal development, International IT or external solutions providers on their implementation
- Helping developing requirements and creating functional and technical specifications as part of planning international releases, in collaboration with the key users in the country
- Ensure the rollout of applications and that those using the solutions provided have the necessary skill levels
- Participate in or run projects at both a national and international level.
- Ensure nationwide use and integration of standard international systems according to project / system overview
- Manage the ongoing change, release and test management of systems and processes together with functional departments
- Coordinating between technical teams and business departments within the country and Germany
- Applying, integrating and complying with, the international standards.
- Have an excellent understanding of procedures and processes relating to Supply Chain, Stock Management, Logistic processes and consult on changes to procedures to improve data quality and processes across the business
- SAP Incident Management
- Provide Out of Hours support for critical business processes (rota basis)
What you'll need
- Strong technical understanding of a sustainable IT solutions lifecycle
- Experience of SAP WMS/ EWM/ SOLMAN essential
- An understanding of the SAP transportation and release management
- Experience with Oracle and MySQL
- Experience in communicating with and acting as an interface between technical and functional teams.
- Project Management and Stakeholder Management experience required
- The ability to demonstrate initiative and solutions ownership
- To be able to work both independently and as a team to ensure the correct application of the IT solutions lifecycle
- Experience in learning new systems and processes, both bespoke and off-the shelf
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- UK driving license highly beneficial as national travel is required
- Spoken and written German is preferable
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £42,000 to £53,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.