At an exciting time of development for the company, our Property Department is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Property Team Secretary/Administrator to work within the Warehouse Construction Team, dealing with the administration of all projects, ranging from extensions, refurbishments and new builds.
As an exceptionally organised and dedicated secretary, you will take pride in ensuring your department runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible. Based at our Head Office in Tolworth, you will assist with the daily operations of your department as well as supporting the Senior Management team.
We have a hybrid working model for Head Office roles, ensuring you have a flexible work life balance.
***As per our internal structure, your contractual job title will be Administrator – Store Construction ***
What you'll do
- Assisting the Consultants of the Construction team with ad hoc tasks and providing administrative support
- Contract Management and tracking
- Preparing Purchase Orders
- Processing of invoices
- Tracking costs
- Preparing, maintaining and overlooking cost trackers
- Maintaining information databases and logs and preparing information packs
- Managing diaries, schedules and travel arrangements
- Managing incoming telephone calls, emails and post
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations
What you'll need
- Essential for this role is significant previous experience in a team secretarial/administrative or PA role
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of the German language desirable but not essential
- A genuine passion for performing administration tasks effectively, efficiently and to a high standard
- An excellent communicator with the confidence and composure to deal with entrusted tasks independently
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to spot mistakes
- A strong multitasker who has the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines and varied workload
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Good literacy and numerical skills
- Construction admin experience desirable but not essential
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £23,500 - £28,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
We’re making the final preparations and getting ready to move into our brand new head office, Lidl House, in Tolworth. It's light, spacious and has state of the art breakout spaces, an on-site barista and gym and much more, making it the perfect place to meet colleagues and achieve your potential. We’re expecting to move at the beginning of 2022 and we can't wait for you join Lidl! We work to a hybrid model ensuring you have a flexible work life balance for those important moments in your life.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Here are just a few of our brilliant benefits
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.