We are looking to recruit a proactive, organised, and reliable payroll administrator to join our vibrant team, who will play a key role in delivering a professional Payroll Service to Lidl UK, based in our Eurocentral Regional Distribution Centre, Motherwell, Scotland.
This opportunity will involve the responsibility of working to the highest standards whilst ensuring the timely and accurate administration of payroll is dealt with promptly and correctly according to company policies / procedures and external statutory legislation.
What you'll do
- Maintenance of employee data in SAP HR
- Resolving Payroll discrepancies
- Processing Holiday, Sick, Mat Pay etc.
- Ensure payroll calculations are correct according to company rules and statutory legislation
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail at all times
- Processing all requests in a timely manner
- Processing and paying expenses
- Calculating new hires and termination pay
- General adminstration and other duties as requested by management
- Filing and processing paperwork
What you'll need
- Sound knowledge and experience of payroll systems essential
- An excellent eye for detail with ability to detect errors
- Significant administration experience essential
- An excellent verbal/written commmunicator able to communicate confidently at all levels
- SAP HR experience desirable
- Intermediate level of MS Office, Excel and Word
- Ability to work under pressure, make decisions and prioritise workload effectively
- A dedicated team player who can also perform tasks independently
- Be motivated and proactive carrying out daily tasks
- Customer focussed with a ‘can-do’ approach to problem solving
- Awareness of CIPP and GDPR statutory guidance desired
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £23,500 - £28,000 and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.