At this exciting time of rapid expansion for Lidl, we have continued to pride ourselves on not only meeting, but exceeding the expectations of every customer, through providing products of the highest possible quality across our stores.
Part of our commitment to providing top quality products involves preparing samples of the products we sell in our stores to verify their compliance with Lidl quality standards. The Quality Assurance Department are looking for an Cook to join this multifaceted department. You will work closely with our Buyers to ensure the highest quality within our products. This role offers responsibility and the satisfaction of knowing your role contributes to ensuring the highest quality standards are upheld, our reputation is maintained, and our customers are satisfied.
*Please note this role will be 24 hours per week (6 hours per day, incl. 30 minutes unpaid lunch break, between Monday to Friday)
What you'll do
- Prepare a wide range of food samples in our test kitchen to mimic what our consumers would do in their own home i.e. following cooking instructions
- Cross departmental working including working for our Buying team
- Managing the kitchen supplies; placing supply orders and collecting supplies from the warehouse
- Conducting general food hygiene, cleaning and stock rotation checks in our test kitchen
- Visiting Lidl and competitors buy products for sampling
- Working within the office assisting the Buying and QA team with general administrative tasks including data entry and processing of results
- Other ad hoc tasks
What you'll need
- Previous general catering experience in a similar role is desirable
- Food Hygiene training is desirable, however not essential as training will be provided
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- A passion for food and high quality with a positive can-do attitude with a desire to learn
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Full UK driving license is essential
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £23,500 - £25,000 per annum, pro-rata at 24 hours per week (depending on experience). Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.