Our Legal And Compliance Department is seeking a confident and proactive Junior Compliance Officer to join its dedicated and close knit team.
This engaging role offers responsibility and variety within a Department that ensures the company’s legal and compliance requirements are met efficiently and effectively. If you are a talented multi-tasker with a drive to deliver workable legal solutions to our large multi-faceted business, this is the ideal role for you!
To keep in line with the company structure this role will be known internally as “Compliance Senior Officer”
We have a hybrid working model for Head Office roles, ensuring you have a flexible work life balance.
What you'll do
- Responsible for supporting the implementation and ongoing development of the company’s Compliance Management System including Fraud and Bribery prevention, Competition Law, Groceries Supply Code of Practice and Whistleblowing arrangements
- Supporting the company procedures and providing relevant training to our employees to comply with existing and upcoming relevant legal requirements
- Evaluating business objectives and regulatory developments, and propose compliance solutions within the firm's risk tolerance and regulatory requirements
- Horizon scanning to detect emerging risks and changing legislation relevant to the business
- Providing ad-hoc UK compliance advice on a wide variety of queries from the Sales Regions and UK and International Head Office departments
- Assist the business in establishing their policies and procedures and Key Operating Procedures (KOP‘s) to avoid regulatory and reputational risk
What you'll need
- An LLB. In English law with a minimum of a 2:1 degree (Desirable)
- In-house Compliance Management experience in dynamic and fast-paced transactional environment
- Strong interest in raising compliance awareness whether implementing e-learning or delivering face-face training and confident in presenting
- Preference given to candidates who have experience in Retail/ FMCG/ Consumer goods industry
- Understand the needs of our customers both internal and external, ability to grow a Compliance program by continuously building and iterating
- Experience in dealings with matters as Fraud and Bribery prevention, Competition Law, Groceries Supply Code of Practice and Whistleblowing is desirable
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of seniority
- Ability to work independently, managing conflicting priorities with ease and efficiency
- Motivated and proactive, with an eagerness to learn and develop
- Due to the sensitivity of material held by the team, discretion and adherence to security processes are absolute requirements for the role
- Knowledge of the German language is desirable but not essential
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career. We're proud to offer a competitive salary of £34,000 - £38,000 with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
We’re making the final preparations and getting ready to move into our brand new head office, Lidl House, in Tolworth. It's light, spacious and has state of the art breakout spaces, an on-site barista and gym and much more, making it the perfect place to meet colleagues and achieve your potential. We’re expecting to move at the beginning of 2022 and we can't wait for you join Lidl! We work to a hybrid model ensuring you have a flexible work life balance for those important moments in your life.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Here are just a few of our brilliant benefits
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.