The Quality Assurance department ensures the quality and safety of all Lidl GB’s own brand products, through a structured programme of testing, auditing and compliance.
This role is responsible for coordinating and assuring the quality controls for fresh meat, poultry and fish through supporting the purchasing department, carrying out quality checks at our Regional Distribution Centres, accompanying the buyer on supplier visits and creating and maintaining product specifications.
What you'll do
- Assist in the implementation of processes, including monitoring, evaluation, documentation and communicate results in accordance with internal QA regulations
- Working with Buyers to create new and develop existing product specifications to meet the Buyers brief
- Preparation of comprehensive written specifications and photographic quality standards
- Updating suppliers on quality aspects of sample products as a part of the product development process
- Completing fresh meat, poultry and fish checks at Lidl Regional Distribution Centres for compliance against agreed specifications
- Arranging timely visits to the Regional Distribution Centres
- Strictly adhering to processes and procedures to ensure quality compliance at all times
- Ensuring supplier compliance with agreed fresh meat, poultry and fish specifications through quality checks
- Accompanying the Buying team on supplier visits
- Liaising with other Head Office departments as well as external departments
- Creating reports for UK and our International Head Office
- Performing additional ad hoc tasks as part of the Quality Assurance Team
What you'll need
- Food technologist or other relevant degree
- Previous experience within areas of the meat/fish industry such as retail, manufacturing, and processing desirable
- Knowledge of product specifications and quality control checks
- Analytically minded, pragmatic and highly professional
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in partnering with stakeholders
- Self-motivated and methodical, with an excellent attention to detail and able to work independently
- Keen eye for detail
- Organised with strong time management skills
- Strong multi tasker who enjoys working to schedules and deadlines
- Passionate about fresh meat, poultry and fish
- Eager to learn, develop and grow
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
- Good presentation skills with the ability to communicate and present Quality Development results to buyers
- A clean UK driving license is essential
- Role will involve travel within the UK, overnight stays will be necessary
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £25,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Here are just a few of our brilliant benefits
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.