£37,000 up to £75,000 per annum (pro rata) - This isn’t an ordinary job. This is an extraordinary experience.
At the heart of turning our ambitious expansion plans into reality lies our dynamic Property department and playing a critical role in securing this prosperous future, is our talented team members. We are looking for a range of experience in candidates, from junior all the way to senior level.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for delivering new bottle deposit recycling areas within our existing store portfolio. This will involve extensive work to our existing stores and bolster the reputation of a business that already prides itself on our sustainability credentials. You will manage and oversee the planning process and construction of projects from start to finish to ensure that both the highest standards and timelines are achieved.
We are recruiting this role in multiple regional property office locations across the UK including:
Luton, Avonmouth, Exeter, Southampton, Peterborough, Wednesbury, Bridgend, Runcorn, Manchester, Nottingham, Doncaster & Newton Aycliffe.
What you'll do
- Manage external parties to design and build the most efficient DRS (Deposit Return Scheme) rooms within each store
- Co-ordinate the submission and approval of planning applications with the assistance of external consultants
- Review designs from architects and engineers to ensure compliance with Lidl specifications
- Manage, with the assistance of Head Office, the full tendering process
- Manage consultants and contractors to ensure compliance with agreed designs
- Monitor on-site works and agreed budgets on a regular basis, achieving best value on costs and time
- Co-ordinate all internal and external stakeholders.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with external consultants and key contacts
- Regular reporting to Senior Management
- Liaison with landlords and neighbours to ensure agreements are in place for any project works
- Regular travel is essential as well as flexibility to travel to neighbouring regions
What you'll need
- Degree-level education (2:2 minimum) in a relevant construction discipline
- Self-motivated and ambitious to develop and progress their career.
- Experienced in project management of small to medium construction projects including an oversight of the planning process (desirable but not essential).
- Good negotiating skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A highly analytical mind/eye for detail
- The ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines/multiple projects running concurrently
- Strong Microsoft Office/Project skills
- A full driving licence and the flexibility and willingness to travel throughout the UK
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £37,000 - £75,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting, company car and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Here are just a few of our brilliant benefits
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.