An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Consultant to join the IT Service Management team. Working as part of the Service Management Team, you will develop and maintain the Service Management framework with a focus on managing service-related processes including managing the Change, Configuration & Asset Management, Problem Management, Service Transition and Knowledge Management processes in Lidl GB.
We have a hybrid working model for Head Office roles, ensuring you have a flexible work life balance.
What you'll do
- Apply a structured change management approach and methodology. Review and log all changes and assess the change impact; complete change management assessments
- Develop a set of actionable and targeted change management plans - including communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan and resistance management plan
- Manage the Configuratoin and Asset Management processes for Lidl GB
- Prepare and provide relevant reports to senior management
- Support the wider IT team in maintaining accurate Configuration and Asset Management database
- Work closely with the global IT on improving auto-discovery tools to aim for accuracy
- Provide training and guidance to the wider IT department
- Assist with the creation of operational documentation as required (e.g. service desk knowledge documents) and provide training and guidance to the wider IT department
- Conduct proactive and reactive Problem Management analysis
- Support the wider IT department in Problem identification and elimination in order to minimise impact on IT services
- Service Management team support and guidance with relevant processes. Regular request approvals and Service Catalogues updates.
- Managing projects in relations to Service Management tools and processes
- Responsible for identifying risks to the successful achievement of the plan and, where found, proposing actions for mitigation
- Stakeholder management, responsible to produce reports and updating the project board
What you'll need
- An understanding of IT systems and equipment
- Experience managing the change process and hosting CABs
- Experience with Problem Management
- Experience maintaining Configuration and Asset Management database
- Previous experience within an ITIL environment
- Experience working with a service management tool
- Experience managing complex projects and introducing change
- A positive, proactive manner with excellent customer service skills
- Experience using MS Excel
- Excellent verbal communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to plan well and have strong organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work effectively on your own and in a team environment
- Comfortable working to strict deadlines
- A commited can-do attitude
What you'll receive
This is not getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We are proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £42,000 - £53,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
We’re making the final preparations and getting ready to move into our brand new head office, Lidl House, in Tolworth. It's light, spacious and has state of the art breakout spaces, an on-site barista and gym and much more, making it the perfect place to meet colleagues and achieve your potential. We’re expecting to move at the beginning of 2022 and we can't wait for you join Lidl! We work to a hybrid model ensuring you have a flexible work life balance for those important moments in your life.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Here are just a few of our brilliant benefits
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.