£35,000 up to £47,5000 per annum (pro rata) – This isn’t just leading a team. This is leading a process.
To learn more about our warehouse departments, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
From fresh fruit to frozen fish, tins of beans to bottles of pop, our customers rely on us to keep their fridges stocked and cupboards full. And as one of Britain’s leading supermarkets, we rely on over 23,000 employees to deliver this promise. Driving the process is our Logistics team. Checking products, ensuring quality, and working tirelessly to stock our 800+ stores.
As Logistics Assistant Team Manager - Process, you’ll set high standards and ensure quality from ground up. Based primarily in the warehouse, you’ll run system checks, manage process improvements, complete store orders and organise the storage and distribution of goods. And supported by your Team Manager, you’ll motivate a team to do their very best work. It’s a role that bridges skillsets, requiring both oversight of the supply chain and a sympathetic ear to individual concerns. It’s full on and fast-paced. But for an aspiring Team Manager, the rewards are great.
Please note that applications include three online exercises, designed to assess your potential as a future leader for Lidl. To find out more or conduct a practice exercise, just visit the following website: http://getstarted.cut-e.com
The selection process will also include a telephone interview and a face-to-face event. We look forward to receiving your application.
What you'll do
- Oversee operational processes within the department
- Trial and optimise new concepts to improve processes
- Maintain and monitor warehouse data, including quality control and reporting of faults
- Process store orders, coordinate picking waves, and ensure timely replenishment of pallets and stock
- In the event of missed orders or deviations, consult with the supply chain to discover what went wrong and remedy it
- Ensure gold-standard compliance, including adherence to legal requirements, internal guidelines, and Health & Safety regulation
- Supported by your Team Manager, onboard, train and manage staff
- Uphold a positive and collaborative working environment, where everyone feels safe, respected and valued
- Build strong working relationships with your team: you’ll address any concerns, encourage them to meet targets, and be the first port of call for any issues
What you'll need
- Supervisory experience in a warehouse or picking environment
- A fair and assertive leadership style, with an aptitude for training and developing a team
- An organised, calm and analytical approach to work, especially under pressure
- An ability to motivate both yourself and others to meet targets
- Strong multi-tasking skills to prioritise conflicting deadlines
- Great communication skills – you’ll be building relationships across departments, both internally and externally
- A full UK driving licence
- A willingness to travel, sometimes oversees – the first 12-15 months may involve RDC training across the UK and Europe
What you'll receive
As a key player in the Lidl team, you’ll be well rewarded. You’ll be part of a secure, fast-growing business. You’ll have access to quality training and real opportunities to build your career. And in addition to your competitive salary - £35,000 to £47,500, dependant on experience - you'll get 35 days' holiday, a generous pension, private medical insurance, an in-store discount and savings on holidays, days out, cinema tickets and more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references. If requested by the Company, this may include a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application early to avoid disappointment.
Here are just a few of our brilliant benefits
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.