We are looking for an Administrator to join the Food Specials team. This department is instrumental in driving turnover for the business and as part of the Food Specials team you will actively contribute to driving forward the department and directly impact every single store.
Cross departmental work will see you communicating with several other departments within Lidl including, but not limited to, Buying, Supply Chain, Marketing (Advertising and PR Communications) and Merchandising, as well as our international counterparts.
We have a hybrid working model for Head Office roles, ensuring you have a flexible work life balance.
What you'll do
- Running the day to day of our weekly promotional offers - including managing volume requests
- Contacting suppliers to ensure all orders are set correctly and are being delivered on time
- Co-ordinating with suppliers, as well as internal advertising and artwork teams, to ensure items are advertised correctly
- Liaising with our International Headquarters in Germany
- Supporting the planners in their daily work on various tasks, such as preparing and maintaining database, communication with suppliers, buyers and regions
- Conducting independent research and helping future innovation
- Solving problems and improving efficiencies
- Managing several different projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Visiting stores on a rota basis
- Providing ad-hoc administration support
What you'll need
- Experience working within food retail or supply chain would be advantageous
- Well-organised with the ability to multitask and work to targets and strict deadlines
- Excellent communication with the confidence and composure to deal with direct exposure to internal departments, senior management and external partners
- Excellent attention to detail
- Pro-active, approaching problems logically and calmly
- Positive can-do attitude with the willingness to learn
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- The ability to adapt to a fast-paced and challenging environment
- An engaged team player
- A high degree of adaptability
- German language skills are preferred but not essential
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £23,500 - £30,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
We’re making the final preparations and getting ready to move into our brand new head office, Lidl House, in Tolworth. It's light, spacious and has state of the art breakout spaces, an on-site barista and gym and much more, making it the perfect place to meet colleagues and achieve your potential. We’re expecting to move at the beginning of 2022 and we can't wait for you join Lidl! We work to a hybrid model ensuring you have a flexible work life balance for those important moments in your life.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Here are just a few of our brilliant benefits
10% off in Lidl stores
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
After five years service, you are able to take up to three months sabbatical.