Experience life at Lidl and discover what it takes to succeed as part of our Property teams who develop and manage the real estate footprint that provide the foundations our rapidly-growing business needs to flourish. In an extremely competitive market, you’ll join an industry-leading team as you rotate through our various property departments to learn how we identify, acquire and create state-of-the-art retail sites that define our customers’ shopping experience.
You will be challenged to develop solutions to complex tasks in a fast-paced environment, but you will be supported every step of the way. Through a structured training programme and on-the-job exposure, you’ll learn the soft skills and technical details of operational management as you become an Acquisition or Construction specialist over the 23 month programme.
Please see job advert for details of recruitment process, locations we're hiring for, and start date for this programme.
What you’ll do:
- Develop expertise and management capabilities
- Spend your first year rotating through our Acquisitions, Construction, Facilities and Head Office teams
- Learn how a rapidly growing retail business operates from stores to logistics and supply chain
- In your second year, you’ll develop into a role in your core area
- Take on real project responsibility and make a tangible difference to our business
- Gain exposure to a national property team and learn the market inside-out
- Understand how a successful property team operates and what skills you need to thrive
What you’ll need:
- A degree (2:2 or above) in anything related to Property, Real Estate, Construction or Facilities Management (within 4 years)
- To be a true people person with energy, passion, resilience and adaptability
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels of the business
- A passion for playing your part in a team and ability to work independently
- Self-motivation and determination to succeed in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- A desire to learn and develop new skills while challenging yourself in your work
- A full driving license valid in the UK by September 2021
- To live or have the ability to commute within one hour to regional location you choose
What you’ll receive:
Working at Lidl is rewarding in every sense. Not only will you be part of a secure, growing business, we’ll make sure you have quality training and progression opportunities if you want to develop a career with us. As well as your competitive salary of £37,000 per annum, you will also get a fully expensed company car, 30 days’ holiday, a pension scheme, discount on our products and corporate discounts on holidays, private medical insurance, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Here are just a few of our brilliant benefits.
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.