Experience life at Lidl and learn what it takes to succeed as part of our warehouse management team. Over two years, you’ll develop essential leadership skills through hands-on experience across every area of our logistics operation in your Regional Distribution Centre - as well as other key areas of the business - to give you a well-rounded understanding of our operations. You’ll then be ready to lead a team of your own. With a range of training opportunities to develop your soft skills and leadership style, this isn’t an ordinary job, this is an extraordinary experience.
Please note that your application will include three online exercises, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you as a potential future leader at Lidl. To find out more and even conduct a practice exercise, please feel free to visit the following website: http://getstarted.cut-e.com
The process will also include a video interview and face-to-face assessment centre. Our assessment centres take place in the regions with expected dates in January or February 2021. We look forward to receiving your application.
What you’ll do:
- Your first year is all about understanding how our logistics operations work. You will see all areas of the warehouse, learning the whole process of receiving, picking and distributing goods to stores.
- You will also learn about the role warehouses play in our wider business as you spend time in stores and in other key areas.
- During your second year you will be training to become an Assistant Team Manager. On top of this, you’ll complete our comprehensive training academy with our full support along the way. You’ll be part of a fast-paced programme with tangible results and goals.
What you’ll need:
- The ability to communicate confidently and effectively across all levels of the business
- Passion for working independently and as part of the team
- Self-motivation and determination to succeed in a fast paced, challenging environment.
- Desire to learn, develop and challenge yourself in a demanding and dynamic environment.
- Qualification of a degree level of 2.2 or above in any discipline by September 2021 or within 4 years prior to September 2021
- A full UK/EU driving licence by September 2021
- To be legally entitled to work in the UK on a full time, permanent basis
- To live, or be able to relocate to within 1 hour commute of your chosen location.
What you’ll receive:
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary of £37,000 per annum, as well as a fully expensed company car and 30 days’ holiday per year. Save for your future with our pension scheme or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Here are just a few of our brilliant benefits.
This portal gives you access to discounts on a wide range of online retailers.
You will be able to apply for a specific region whether that is near your University, family home or you are looking for an opportunity to experience somewhere new - it is down to you.
Upon offer we will inform you of your exact start date, this will be within the first 2 weeks of September 2021.