We are seeking an office based Network Engineer to support and administer our 780+ UK sites. The candidate will be involved in BAU as well as focused on in implementing Lidl UK and International projects whilst contributing towards the technical specification, design, implementation, support and documentation from start to finish.
The ideal candidate will be a Network Engineer with CCNP security level skills and broad network experience, capable of proficiently supporting a large Cisco based WAN.
** As per our internal job structure, your contractual job title will be Network and Security Consultant **
What will you do?
- Maintain and support Lidl UK network equipment and infrastructure
- Provide expert support for LAN/WAN related network issues
- Rollout and solution implementation of projects
- Ordering and Asset Inventory
- Carry out software hardware and configuration updates
- Change control (CAB) and task scheduling
- Carry out BAU maintenance, and monitor network
- Maintain and report SLA and KPI where specified
- Monitor and resolve departmental call management tickets
- Produce problem reports and escalations where necessary
- Update and maintain network documentation and procedures
- Consult and design following Lidl best practice and procedures
- Work with third party contractors and external service partners
- Work on non-network related projects
- Provide “Out of Hours Support” on a scheduled rotation
- Travel and overnight stay where required
What will you need?
- Cross sectional experience working to CCNP level or above is essential
- Experience supporting a large multisite MPLS, L3 and L2 Cisco network is essential
- Experience of supporting and configuring IPSEC, DMVPN
- Confident supporting and configuring CUCM, SIP and Cisco VOIP products
- Experience of supporting and configuring Cisco WLC and WLAN products
- Experience of supporting and configuring Fortinet
- Experience of supporting and configuring Cisco ASA
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Self motivated
- Good problem solving ability
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to manage faults with third party engineers
- Demonstrate initiative and problem ownership/escalation
- Follow company guidelines and procedures
What do we offer?
- £40,000 - £52,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- An additional non-contractual 10% London Weighting
- 35 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Click "Apply Now" to navigate to our online application form. Please ensure you attach your CV and covering letter.Apply Now
20.01.2020 | IT (Regional) | Store Lincoln road, Peterborough
» IT 1st Line Support Help Desk Advisor, 40 Hours, Peterborough NEW RDC!
22.01.2020 | IT (Head Office) | Head Office Wimbledon, London