We have an exciting opportunity to join our Employment Law team as an In-House Employment Lawyer on a 12 month maternity cover contract. You'll join a small but hard working, motivated and down to earth team. This will be a very diverse role covering a wide range of legal matters. You'll provide employment law advice to senior teams and develop policies and procedures that ensure our ongoing legal compliance. With your highly professional approach and wealth of employment law experience, you will demonstrate a commercial and common sense approach to issues. This includes advising day to day on contractual matters, disciplinary and grievance, discrimination and equal opportunities, redundancy and restructuring and employment policies.
You will also have the appropriate skills to build credible advisory relationships at all levels and actively develop managers through facilitated training across all of our regional offices. Additionally, you will have the ability to manage employment tribunal claims and early conciliation through ACAS.
Please note: your contractual job title will be Senior Consultant in line with our internal role structures
What will you do?
- Providing employment law advice to Directors, Senior Management and line managers
- First point of contact for ACAS mediation
- Dealing with employment tribunals
- Creating and delivering employment law training to regional offices
- Conducting disciplinary and grievance hearings and appeals as appropriate
- Developing policy and procedures
- Interpreting employee relation data, providing analysis and commercially based solutions
- Drafting and amending contracts of employment
- Managing the outsourcing of some advocacy
What will you need?
- A qualified solicitor with at demonstrable post-qualification experience
- Employment law experience at a major law firm
- In-house experience desired, though not a must
- Up-to-date knowledge of all aspects of the law relevant to the job
- Experience and a keen interest in employment tribunal work
- Ideally some experience of immigration issues, or at least an appetite to learn and to develop that expertise alongside core employment expertise
- Ability to implement commercially based, practical solutions to mitigate employee relation related risks
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders, with strong communication and influencing skills
- Experience within a retail or hospitality environment would be advantageous
What do we offer?
- Earn from £47,000 with the ability to earn up to £64,000 per annum (pro-rata, subject to experience)
- Additional 10% of your annual salary as London weighting benefit (non-contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 35 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 10% discount on Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from experienced team members
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Click "Apply Now" to navigate to our online application form. Please ensure you attach your CV and covering letter.Apply Now
19.07.2019 | Legal (Head Office) | Head Office Wimbledon, London
» Data Protection Manager - Full Time - Wimbledon - South West London
05.07.2019 | Administration (Head Office) | Head Office Wimbledon, London