This role will be providing the business with advice / solutions and assistance with technical, functional and process related matters associated with master data and data quality within core Business Systems. The systems at Lidl are all bespoke business applications and custom solutions. This is a role with varying responsibilities requiring a dynamic and flexible individual.
What will you do?
- Actively engage and consult with functional departments to ensure that the integrity of master data is maintained throughout existing and future systems
- Identify and capture how data quality can be improved throughout existing or new solutions and create solution proposals
- Create specifications for system changes and, coordinate with internal development, International IT or external solutions providers on their implementation
- Develop solutions using approved frameworks / toolsets as necessary to enhance Master Data Management and Data Quality
- Helping developing MDM / DQ requirements and creating functional and technical specifications as part of planning international releases, in collaboration with the key users in the country
- Ensure that those using the solutions provided have the necessary skill levels
- Participate in or run projects at both a national and international level.
- Smooth nationwide use and integration of standard international systems according to project / system overview
- Manage the ongoing change, release and test management of systems and processes together with functional departments
- Coordinating between the technical team, operations and other departments within the country
- Applying, integrating and complying with, the international standards.
- Have an excellent understanding of procedures and processes relating to Master Data and consult on changes to procedures to improve data quality across the business
- Coordinate internally and consult with the business to ensure that Master data and data quality principles are adopted and adhered to
- You will be required to learn our legacy development language
What will you need?
- Technically minded with previous experience of Oracle DB, Oracle Streams, MS SQL DB
- Good knowledge of secure coding principles and architecture design
- Good knowledge of C#
- Experience with MS Office Application Suite
- Problem solving mind set and being able to qualify, investigate and attempts to resolve issues
- Strong communication skills and providing a great service
- Keen eye for detail
- Strong ownership of tasks with the ability to understand points of escalation
- Identifying and correlating independent incidents to understand potential root causes
- Able to work as part of a team and support team members where necessary
- Proactive and keeping up to date with latest policies and procedures
- Previous project management experience, including planning, timelines and costs
- Strong stakeholder management
- The ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines
What do we offer?
- £40,000 - £52,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- An additional 10% of your annual salary as a non-contractual London Weighting benefit
- 35 days holiday per annum (including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
Click "Apply Now" to navigate to our online application form. Please ensure you attach your CV and covering letter.Apply Now
17.05.2019 | IT (Head Office) | Head Office Wimbledon, London