Please note you will be required to complete your training in Glasgow until our RDC opens in Eurocentral later in the year.
At this exciting time of rapid expansion for Lidl, we have continued to pride ourselves on not only meeting, but exceeding the expectations of every customer, through providing products of the highest possible quality across our stores.
Part of our commitment to providing top quality products involves preparing samples of the products we sell in our stores to verify their compliance with Lidl quality standards. The Quality Assurance Department are looking for an Assistant Cook to join this multifaceted department. You will partner with our Buyers to ensure the highest quality within our products. This role offers responsibility and the satisfaction of knowing your role contributes to ensuring the highest quality standards are upheld, our reputation is maintained, and our customers are satisfied.
What will you do?
- Prepare a wide range of food samples in our test kitchen to mimic what our consumers would do in their own home i.e. following cooking instructions
- Cross departmental working including with our Buying team
- Managing the kitchen supplies
- Conducting food hygiene checks in our test kitchen
- Visiting Lidl stores to buy products for taste-testing. Driving to local stores is required.
- Working within the office assisting the Sensory team with general administrative tasks including data entry and processing of results
- Other ad hoc tasks
What will you need?
- Previous experience as a Sous Chef / Junior Sous Chef or similar role is essential
- Food Hygiene training is desirable, not essential
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure
- A passion for food and high quality
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft word and Excel
What do we offer?
- £9.10 – £9.87 per hour (subject to experience)
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
Click "Apply Now" to navigate to our online application form. Please ensure you attach your CV and covering letter.Apply Now