How to write a Cover Letter
Just as important as your CV, if not more important, is your covering letter. This is your opportunity to tell us more about yourself. What are your motivations and aspirations? Why are you interested in joining our team? Expand on what your CV says and provide real examples of your skills and experience.
As you write your covering letter, here are some pointers to keep in mind:
- First impressions are crucial, so make the first few lines of your letter count.
- Keep your covering letter to one page, no longer.
- Be clear about which job you’re applying for, how you found out about it and why you applied.
- Check for typos and spelling errors – attention to detail is essential in nearly all of our roles.
- Show us that you’re really interested in the role you’re applying for and in working for Lidl.
- Work out the key competencies you’ll need for the role, then use real examples to illustrate how you’d be the perfect fit.
- Let us know roughly when you’re available for interviews and, if successful, when you could start the job.
- Finally, end on a positive note, leaving us intrigued and eager to find out more!