“We work hard to make things
run smoothly, but theres real
camaraderie which keeps it fun.”
Luke, Warehouse Operative
As a dedicated Warehouse Operative, you’ll take pride in matching supply and demand 24/7, keeping our 630+ UK stores fully stocked and our customers happy. If you enjoy being part of a friendly working environment that’s buzzing with non-stop activity, then one of our Warehouse jobs is definitely for you.
We offer roles in the following departments:
The first link in our supply chain, the Goods In department who are responsible for all stock delivered to our warehouse. Join the team and you’ll carry out final point accuracy and quality checks before accepting and rejecting deliveries. The role requires good numerical skills, a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
Comprising around 150-200 people in each Regional Distribution Centre, Selection is the largest department within Logistics. Become part of the team and you’ll ensure stores receive the stock they want. This will involve many activities, including making sure that stock is processed safely and efficiently for transport.
Ensuring the constant flow of stock from supplier to warehouse and onto our stores, you’ll thrive on keeping our large infrastructure on the move. Transport is a busy area filled with continuous challenges. To keep things running smoothly, you’ll need to be highly adaptable with excellent organisational skills.
What will you need?
- Excellent collaboration skills, but also the ability to work independently
- A high comfort level working with moving equipment
- A flexible can-do attitude
- An eye for detail
- Outstanding numeracy skills
- A sense of pride in a job well done
- Preferably, experience within a warehouse environment
What will you do?
Maintain the uninterrupted flow of goods in and out of our warehouses, you’ll ensure stock is received, stored, packed and transported according to the highest standards.
What do we offer? (rewards, training & development, career progression)
• Starting salary for locations outside M25 £8.45 - £9.79 (subject to experience)
• Starting salary for locations inside M25 £9.75 - £10.76 (subject to experience)
• 30 days holiday per year (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
• A contributory pension scheme
• 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
• Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
• Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
• Excellent opportunities and long-term career prospects
Training & Development
We’re committed to your on-going development from the moment you begin.
We know that starting a new job can be daunting, so we’ll give you a buddy, an experienced team member who you can go to with any work or company related questions you may have.
Once you get going, you can expect regular feedback on your progress as well as a formal appraisal with your line manager once a year. During the appraisal you can discuss your performance and achievements over the past 12 months and set achievable goals for the next 12 months.
We’re a rapidly expanding company with a focus on developing our staff. So there are lots of different ways for you to progress and build a career with us. A Warehouse Operative, for example, could progress to a Assistant Team Manager of the Warehouse, taking on additional responsibilities such as running shifts, leading a small Warehouse team and deputising for the Team Manager. With internal opportunities advertised regularly, you’ll find there are many potential progression paths, both within the warehouse and across other areas of the business.