Store Manager - Earn up to £55,000* and great benefits, including a fully-expensed company car
At Lidl, we are not only growing, we’re always striving to be better. That means opening new stores every year and refurbishing our current stores into a wide-aisled, perfectly-planned, clean-cut concept. It takes a special talent to implement and run a new concept Lidl store so we are looking for do-it-better, business-savvy, team-inspiring Store Managers. If you can lead a team to deliver great customer service and make our supermarket the best in the area, you’ll have every opportunity to develop your management career in a keep-it-simple, fast-growing, retail-changing business.
What will you need?
- An inspirational leadership style and the ability to create a stable work environment and motivate your team to complete their daily tasks and go the extra mile for customers.
- Experience of working in retail management or of leading a team in a varied and fast-paced environment.
- The ability to help your team develop and achieve their personal career goals through delegation, empowerment and coaching.
- A proactive, hands-on approach to running your store to the highest standards, taking responsibility for your results and continuously striving for improvements.
- A keen eye for financial results, the ability to analyse and interpret KPIs and identify potential risks to your business.
- A highly professional work ethic, awareness of company policies and procedures and the determination to always carry out your work and plans to the best of your ability.
- A team-focused approach, encouraging colleagues to share their knowledge and experience and achieve team goals.
What will you do? .
- Take responsibility for leading a motivated store team to achieve the highest standards of customer service, cleanliness, freshness, product availability and efficient working principles
- Make sure your customers can always buy the top quality products they came in for and ensure you are always on hand to help with queries and refunds
- Plan your store rotas and lead your team through store meetings, basic training, development and appraisals
- Focus on meeting targets and achieving the best results through efficient cash control, turnover and productivity planning and prioritising trading compliance standards
Where will you be based?
You’ll be based in one of our stores in the UK mainland (please visit www.lidl-ni.co.uk for opportunities in Northern Ireland) but due to our expansion you could have the opportunity to work in more than one location throughout your career.
What do we offer? (rewards, training & development, career progression)
• £37,000 with the potential to earn up to £55,000*
• Fully expensed company car, including personal fuel
• 30 days’ holiday per annum (including Bank Holidays) rising to 35 days after 2 years
• A contributory pension scheme
• 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
• Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
*Subject to experience and inclusive of 10% London Weighting (non contractual) for employees working within the M25
Training and development
We’re committed to your on-going development from day one. On your first day with us you will attend a Welcome Event in your local Regional Distribution Centre (RDC) where you will get an introduction to the company, our values and culture, and meet your Senior Management team.
Your first day in-store will start with an induction during which you’ll meet your Line Manager and other members of the team, and discuss an individually-tailored training plan.
We know that starting a new job can be daunting, so we’ll give you a Buddy and a Training Mentor to help you settle in more quickly. Your Buddy will be an experienced team member who will answer any work or company related questions you may have, while your Training Mentor will guide, support and assess your development as you work through your training plan.
Once you get going, we’ll put you on a BIIAB approved alcohol licence course to become a personal alcohol licence holder. We’ll also provide you with regular feedback on your progress as well as a formal appraisal with your Line Manager once a year. During the appraisal you can discuss your performance and achievements over the past 12 months and set achievable goals for the next 12 months.
We’re a rapidly expanding company and our success is dependent on building strong, knowledgeable teams and experts. Our focus on developing our employees means there are plenty of opportunities for an outstanding Store Manager. You could become an Area Manager, for example, or gain experience in one of our regional offices. Whatever your individual interests are, you’ll have continuous opportunities to gain new skills and develop within the business. Because what we do is not just any job – we make Lidl possible.