Assistant Store Manager - Earn up to £35,000* and great benefits
At Lidl, we’re the fastest-growing retailer in the UK – and we’re planning to open 40-50 new stores every year. Our store teams are at the front line of our success so we need forward-thinking, team-strengthening, go-getting Assistant Store Managers to support in leading teams of up to 50 store employees. From day one you’ll be motivating your team to provide the best customer service and will strive to make your supermarket the best in the area. If you’re the type of person who can roll up their sleeves, get stuck in and work alongside a team to deliver results, you’ll have every opportunity to develop your management career in a keep-it-simple, fast-growing, retail-changing business.
What will you need?
- The ability to lead and develop your store team, providing each colleague with clear direction and motivation to complete their daily tasks.
- A practical and methodical, hands-on approach to your work, always planning ahead to keep your store running as efficiently as possible to achieve outstanding customer service.
- Excellent people skills to communicate confidently and clearly with your team to share key information and instructions, and to always go the extra mile for our customers.
- A highly professional work ethic, awareness of company policies and procedures and the determination to always carry out your work and plans to the best of your ability.
- A pro-active approach to solving problems, dealing with unexpected challenges and taking responsibility for achieving results.
- The ability to co-operate with your colleagues as part of a team, sharing your knowledge and experience and helping everyone achieve team goals.
- Preferably, you’ll have some experience of working in retail management or of leading a team in a varied and fast-paced environment.
- The flexibility to work varying shift patterns.
What will you do?
As an Assistant Store Manager, you’ll be integral to making sure your store has a passionate, productive team and customers that keep coming back.
- Support the Store Manager in leading a team of up to 50 people, working alongside your team-members to ensure they’re motivated to complete their daily tasks
- Maintain exceptional standards of customer service, making sure everyone who visits your store has access to the highest-quality, freshest products
- Take responsibility for ensuring everyone goes the extra mile to hit targets and deliver the best results
- Take responsibility for running the store in the Store Managers absence and ensure you plan ahead to keep your store running as efficiently as possible
Where will you be based?
You’ll be based in one of our stores throughout the UK mainland (please visit www.lidl-ni.co.uk for opportunities in Northern Ireland) but due to our expansion you could have the opportunity to work in more than one location throughout your career.
What do we offer? (rewards, training & development, career progression)
• £24,360 with the potential to earn up to £35,000*
• 10% of your annual salary as London Weighting benefit if you are based within the M25
• 30 days holiday per annum (including Bank Holidays), rising to 35 days after 2 years
• A contributory pension scheme
• 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
• Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
*Subject to experience and inclusive of 10% London Weighting (non contractual) for employees working within the M25
Training & Development
We’re committed to your on-going development from day one. On your first day with us you will attend a Welcome Event in your local Regional Distribution Centre (RDC) where you will get an introduction to the company, our values and culture, and meet your Senior Management team.
Your first day in-store will start with an induction during which you’ll meet your Line Manager and other members of the team, and discuss an individually-tailored training plan.
We know that starting a new job can be daunting, so we’ll give you a Buddy and a Training Mentor to help you settle in more quickly. Your Buddy will be an experienced team member who will answer any work or company related questions you may have, while your Training Mentor will guide, support and assess your development as you work through your training plan.
Once you get going, you can expect regular feedback on your progress as well as a formal appraisal with your Line Manager once a year. During the appraisal you can discuss your performance and achievements over the past 12 months and set achievable goals for the next 12 months.
We’re a rapidly expanding company with a focus on developing our staff. So there are lots of different ways for you to progress and build a career with us. An exceptional Assistant Store Manager, for example, could become one of our future Store Manager’s.
Whatever your individual interests are, you’ll have continuous opportunities to gain new skills and develop within the business. Because what we do is not just any job – we make Lidl possible