Customer Assistant - £8.45-£10.76 per hour (subject to experience and eligibility for London Weighting) plus great benefits including store discount
At Lidl, our success comes directly from our teams working together to make sure our customers get the best service and products every time they visit one of our stores. We all strive to make our supermarkets the best in the area. So we need go-the-extra-mile, team-strengthening, day-brightening Customer Assistants to help us continue to lead the way as the fastest-growing supermarket in the UK. As the official supermarket of the English Football Association, the Scottish Football Association and the Football Association of Wales you’ll have the whole nation behind you as you kick-off your Lidl career.
What will you need?
As a Customer Assistant in one of our stores, you’ll be part of a fast-paced, energetic team. Your friendly, helpful attitude towards every customer that comes into the store and the pride you take in a job well done is critical to our business success.
- Some experience in a customer service role is preferred but not essential if you can demonstrate the commitment to always go above and beyond for your customers
- Enthusiasm to work well with your team members, support them in achieving your store goals and take initiative in making decisions when required
- Willingness to learn quickly, manage multiple day-to-day tasks and complete all tasks efficiently to achieve the highest standards in your store
- To be responsible and reliable, with a highly professional attitude to your work and the flexibility to adapt to a fast-moving working environment
What will you do?
Depending on the size of your store, your team could have anywhere between 6 and 50 people on it. You’ll have a Store Manager, at least one Assistant Store Manager, other Customer Assistants and possibly a Cleaner.
- You will be trained to work across all areas of the store so you can support the store management team with all store operations
- Carry out freshness checks, manage stock, operate the checkouts, handle cash, unpack deliveries and ensure your store is always clean and tidy
- Act as a brand ambassador to make sure that everyone you come into contact with, from customers to suppliers, leave the store with a positive impression of how we work at Lidl
- Develop your skills through training with your managers and lending a hand to any task, whether that’s on the shop floor or behind the scenes.
Where will you be based?
In one of our stores throughout the UK mainland (please visit www.lidl-ni.co.uk for opportunities in Northern Ireland). We can offer various full-time and part-time contracts whatever your lifestyle requirements.
What do we offer? (rewards, training & development, career progression)
• Outside the M25 earning between £8.45 and £9.79 per hour (subject to experience)
• Inside the M25 earning between £9.75 and £10.76 per hour (subject to experience, includes 10% non contractual London Weighting)
• 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
• A contributory pension scheme
• 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
• Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
Training & Development
We’re committed to your on-going development from day one. On your first day with us you will attend a Welcome Event in your local Regional Distribution Centre (RDC) where you will get an introduction to the company, our values and culture, and meet your senior management team.
Your first day in-store will start with an induction during which you’ll meet your Line Manager and other members of the team, and discuss an individually-tailored training plan.
We know that starting a new job can be daunting, so we’ll give you a buddy and a training mentor to help you settle in more quickly. Your buddy will be an experienced team member who will answer any work or company related questions you may have, while your training mentor will guide, support and assess your development as you work through your training plan.
Once you get going, you can expect regular feedback on your progress as well as a formal appraisal with your Line Manager once a year. During the appraisal you can discuss your performance and achievements over the past 12 months and set achievable goals for the next 12 months.
We’re a rapidly expanding company with a focus on developing our staff. So there are lots of different ways for you to progress and build a career with us. A brilliant Customer Assistant, for example, could become a Duty Manager, which is where we give experienced Customer Assistants additional managerial responsibilities. It’s also a stepping stone into store management itself.
You could also carry out tasks in other areas of the store, such as our bakery, or support and develop new team members by becoming a training mentor. Either way, you’ll gain important new skills and put yourself in an even better position to grow within the company. Because what we do is not just any job – we make Lidl possible.