Customer Assistant - £8.45-£10.76 per hour (subject to experience and eligibility for London Weighting) plus great benefits including store discount
Joining us as a Customer Assistant, you’ll be part of a fast-paced, energetic team that’s focused on making sure their store is a success, from first thing until closing time. From checking and unpacking deliveries, operating checkouts, handling cash and stocking shelves, you’ll be working behind the scenes and on the shop floor to make sure that our customers are able to choose from a wide variety of high quality and fresh produce.
Responsible and reliable, enthusiastic and eager to do your best, you’re a brilliant team player who takes pride in a job well done. Your friendly and helpful attitude will see you go above and beyond to care for your customers. While you’re naturally customer focused, we’ll make sure you’re fully trained in everything you need to know.
What will you need?
As a Customer Assistant in one of our stores, you’ll be part of a fast-paced, enthusiastic team. Your friendly, helpful attitude towards every customer that comes into the store and the pride you take in a job well done is critical to our business success.
- Some experience in a customer service role is preferred but not essential if you can demonstrate the commitment to always go above and beyond for your customers
- Enthusiasm to work well with your team members, support them in achieving your store goals and take initiative in making decisions when required
- Willingness to learn quickly, manage multiple day-to-day tasks and complete all tasks efficiently to achieve the highest standards in your store
- To be responsible and reliable, with a highly professional attitude to your work and the flexibility to adapt to a fast-moving working environment
What do we offer? (rewards, training & development, career progression)
• Outside the M25 earning between £8.45 and £9.79 per hour (subject to experience)
• Inside the M25 earning between £9.75 and £10.76 per hour (subject to experience, includes 10% non contractual London Weighting)
• 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
• A contributory pension scheme
• 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
• Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
Training & Development
We’re committed to your on-going development from day one. On your first day with us you will attend a Welcome Event in your local Regional Distribution Centre (RDC) where you will get an introduction to the company, our values and culture, and meet your senior management team.
Your first day in-store will start with an induction during which you’ll meet your Line Manager and other members of the team, and discuss an individually-tailored training plan.
We know that starting a new job can be daunting, so we’ll give you a buddy and a training mentor to help you settle in more quickly. Your buddy will be an experienced team member who will answer any work or company related questions you may have, while your training mentor will guide, support and assess your development as you work through your training plan.
Once you get going, you can expect regular feedback on your progress as well as a formal appraisal with your Line Manager once a year. During the appraisal you can discuss your performance and achievements over the past 12 months and set achievable goals for the next 12 months.
We’re a rapidly expanding company with a focus on developing our staff. So there are lots of different ways for you to progress and build a career with us. A brilliant Customer Assistant, for example, could become a Duty Manager, which is where we give experienced Customer Assistants additional managerial responsibilities. It’s also a stepping stone into store management itself.
You could also carry out tasks in other areas of the store, such as our bakery, or support and develop new team members by becoming a training mentor. Either way, you’ll gain important new skills and put yourself in an even better position to grow within the company. Because what we do is not just any job – we make Lidl possible.