"The great team you work with
is what makes Lidl different."
Jordan, Store team
As a Cleaner in one of our 600+ stores across the UK, you’ll know the importance of having a presentable store. From the minute our customers drive into the car park to the minute they drive out, we want them to enjoy spotless standards of cleanliness and a store that is bright, tidy and well-maintained.
Depending on the size of your store, your sales team could have anywhere between 6 and 50 people on it. You’ll have a Store Manager, at least one Deputy Store Manager, and a number of Customer Assistants.
Our stores are open seven days a week, usually from 8am to 9pm Monday – Saturday, and with reduced hours on Sunday, although some of our busier stores are open longer. This means we can offer you varied shifts with either early mornings or late evenings. Our Cleaners typically work ten hours per week, though our larger stores may offer more hours and our smaller stores may offer fewer hours.
What will you need?
- A can-do attitude and excellent customer service skills
- The willingness to go the extra mile for our customers
- To be responsible and reliable
- The ability to be flexible
- To enjoy working in a fast-paced, varied environment, hitting targets and meeting deadlines
- To work well in teams and take pride in a job well done
- Preferably, previous experience as a cleaner or caretaker
What do we offer? (rewards, training & development, career progression)
• Outside the M25 £8.25 per hour
• Inside the M25 £9.40 per hour
• 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
• A contributory pension scheme
• 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
• Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
Training & Development
We’re committed to your on-going development from day one. On your first day with us you will attend a Welcome Event in your local Regional Distribution Centre (RDC) where you will get an introduction to the company, our values and culture, and meet your Senior Management team.
Your first day in-store will start with an induction during which you’ll meet your Line Manager and other members of the team, and discuss an individually-tailored training plan.
We know that starting a new job can be daunting, so we’ll give you a Buddy and a Training Mentor to help you settle in more quickly. Your Buddy will be an experienced team member who will answer any work or company related questions you may have, while your Training Mentor will guide, support and assess your development as you work through your training plan.
Once you get going, you can expect regular feedback on your progress as well as a formal appraisal with your Line Manager once a year. During the appraisal you can discuss your performance and achievements over the past 12 months and set achievable goals for the next 12 months.
We’re a rapidly expanding company with a focus on developing our staff. So there are lots of different ways for you to progress and build a career with us. A dedicated Caretaker, for example, could become one of our Customer Assistant’s, which offers more hours, greater variety of tasks and the potential to move into store management.
Whatever your interests, you’ll gain important new skills and have a real chance to grow within the business.