12) Detail page stage 3365
"The scheme allows people to
learn. To go in with an open mind
and soak up information."
Sabrina, Property Graduate
If you’re a get-the-job-done, do-it-better graduate, a Lidl UK Property Office role could be just for you.
Graduate Trainee Manager – Construction
This training programme will take graduates with a property related degree and turn them into key-lynchpins within our property department. You’ll need to be fast thinking, confident and motivated to thrive in a fast retail environment and technically-focused, commercially-aware and entrepreneurial to progress in an international property & construction business area.
The programme begins with regional training, getting to grips with the sharp end of business in one of our stores, warehouses and regional property areas. Once you have the basics of our business, you’ll join our head office teams and rotate around various areas within property and construction helping you to identify your niche. From here you’ll jet off to Germany for your international secondment. Germany. If you don’t speak German, don’t worry. During this training phase you’ll spend time learning German at our international language school before jumping into our international headquarters. Here you will become an expert in your field, learning how we manage and expand our property portfolio on a global scale.
Following your international secondment, you’ll re-join the UK’s property team in a specific role. This phase allows you to put all of your operational and technical knowledge along with your expert skills together and begin to become a true property/construction expert helping to find, purchase and even build new stores and warehouses.
What will you need?
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree in a related subject area. For property this includes: real estate, property development, planning & development, property & real estate management.
- For construction roles we would require you to hold a 2.1 degree in civil engineering or a construction related subject area plus have gained a postgraduate qualification (in any discipline).
- Full & clean UK driving licence
- Fluency in English is essential; German Language Skills are only essential if you want to specialise in construction.
- A clear passion for Retail and the property / construction industries
- Strong technical and commercial capability
- Evident organisational ability, being able to prioritise effectively
- High-level of attention to detail and thoroughness in work
- Ability to work and think independently and also as part of a team
- Adaptability and flexibility at all times
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident and motivated individual
- Entrepreneurial flair with a passion for, and interest in, negotiating and networking at the highest levels
What will you do?
You will be responsible for supporting and developing our business models through national and international projects and fulfilling fundamental objectives.
Where will you be based?
You will primarily be based in our UK head office in Wimbledon however there is a requirement for you to spend your first few months in one of our 9 operational regions, spread across the UK and also in Germany for your international secondment.
What do we offer? (rewards, training & development, career progression)
- A starting salary of £36, 540 per annum
- 35 days' holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- Fully expensed company car
- A contributory pension scheme
- Private medical care
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Private medical care
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects