12) Detail page stage 3361
"You get a lot of responsibility.
I think it just helps you grow
as a person so much more.”
Alisha, Placement Student
Undergraduate Retail Placement Programme
Applications are now closed for this position
Assessment centres between 12th - 16th December 2016
Our Retail Placement Programme offers a 360 degree view of our business operations allowing students to dip their toes into sales, logistics and even experience one of either supply chain, property or administration.
As well as getting to develop and expand your business knowledge, you will also get to grow as a person. Through national training sessions, a head office secondment and regional projects you will develop the leadership, management, decision-making and communication skills required to succeed in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
This programme is prestigious within our business, helping to develop some of our current senior managers. A programme like this requires someone special. We are looking for the best. You don’t have to know what you want from your career yet, but you will need to be studying towards a 2:1 degree. Ideally it’ll be in a business or retail-related discipline, but if not that’s fine as long as you have some retail experience.
We’ll also want to see that you have the passion to undertake a truly challenging placement – one that will see you learning and developing yourself within a professional environment. By September 2017, you’ll need a driving license and full access to a car. You’ll also need to live (or be prepared to move) within a one hour commute of the region you choose.
What we offer
• £20,500 salary per annum pro rata
• 30 days’ holiday (including bank holidays)
• 10% in-store discount
• Contributory pension scheme (opt-in)
• Training and on-going development from an experienced team member
• Final year sponsorship
• Access to Team Lidl Rewards (National Partnership Discounts)
• A minimum of a 2.1 degree (obtained or predicted) preferrably in business or retail management
• Full UK clean driving license and full access to a car
• Fluent in English is essential
• Eligibility to work unrestricted in the UK on a full time basis
• Willingness to live (or relocate) within 1 hour driving distance from the regional warehouse you choose
• Strong communication skills and self confidence
• Open minded and willing to learn and grow, with the ability to learn fast and push yourself to be the best