Buying Grad stage
"The tangibility of putting
something on the shelf that’s
yours really sold it to me."
Michael, Graduate Buyer
Junior Buying Manager Programme
Applications open until 12th February 2017
Assessment centres held on 2nd & 9th February 2017
As an exceptional graduate, you will join our Junior Buying Manager Programme which is a structured training programme, providing you with the skills and experiences to develop into a competent Buying Manager in the future.
You begin your journey in one of our operational regions spread throughout the UK to develop your operational understanding of our stores, regional distribution centres and overall supply chain.
After this, you will join the buying department in head office where you will begin your training with an experienced Buying Manager. Your role will be to support the Buying Manager in the management of their product categories, helping to drive success and category development. In this role you will understand and learn what it takes to be a successful Buying Manager, alongside developing your operational and management skills for your future role within the Buying team.
Additionally, as part of your training programme there will be an opportunity for you to work within an international buying department in another Lidl country. This will provide you with an all-encompassing buying experience and place you firmly within the international buying network of Lidl.
After you have returned from your international experience you will continue your in-depth category training with one of our experienced Buying Managers. If you show us that you have what takes, your next step would be to take on more responsibility in a specialist area of Buying, and even take on your own product category.
Challenging and fast-paced are words often used to describe the buying department therefore, you must be able to thrive under pressure in a fast-moving environment. If you are dynamic, have entrepreneurial flair, an eye for detail, genuine management ambitions and the confidence to thrive in a fast paced environment, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
What we offer:
• A salary of £36,000 per annum pro rata
• Fully expensed company car (optional)
• 35 days’ holiday (pro rata) per year
• Private medical insurance
• Contributory pension scheme
• 10% store discount
• Access to Team Lidl Rewards (National Partnership Discounts)
What will you need?
• A minimum of a 2.1 degree (obtained or predicted)
• Full UK clean driving license
• Fluent in English is essential
• German language is preferred but not essential
• Highly commercially focused with strong attention to detail
• Strong communication skills and self confidence
• Extremely organised with plenty of common sense