12) Detail page stage 3362
"If I achieve what's asked of me,
opportunities will come my
way, and that's exciting."
James, Area Manager
Graduate Trainee Area Manager - £40,000 starting salary plus a fully-expensed company car and great benefits
Applications are now closed for this position
Based in our Scotland region, Livingston.
As a Lidl Area Manager-in-waiting, you’ll need to cover a lot of ground. Your training will take you on a journey from store operations, logistics and supply chain right through to property and people management. This will enable you to develop an impressive array of skills and accumulate an encyclopaedic knowledge of our business.
We believe the most effective way to learn is by doing. But as well as being a good, solid hands-on manager, you’ll also take the best from experienced colleagues and expert trainers. We need clued-up, got-it-down-to-a-tee people to join this programme. If you are one of them, we’ll help you to become the perfect all-rounder we’re looking for.
Throughout your training, you’ll cover an extensive range of topics including human resource management; health & safety; trading law; organisation and routine; store standards; and cost controls. This is a programme that can take different directions at different points, with your training and knowledge there are often opportunities for secondments to project teams and other business areas within the region. These opportunities can come along at short notice so flexibility is essential in order to maximise the value of your training.
Once you’ve mastered these elements and gained vital experience, you’ll be ready to take on full responsibility for an area of up to five stores, ultimately running and growing your own multi-million pound business.
What we offer:
• A salary of £40,000 per annum with opportunity to earn up to £70,000*
• Fully expensed company car
• 35 days’ holiday (pro rata) per year
• Private medical insurance
• Contributory pension scheme
• 10% store discount
• Access to Team Lidl Rewards (National Partnership Discounts)
• A 2.1 degree or above in any subject area
• Preferably some work experience in a retail / business environment
• Common sense and honest approach to work
• Leadership and people management potential
• Strong commercial awareness with excellent attention to detail
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Clear and confident communication ability