Our trend-busting success means we’re not cutting back… we’re booming! That’s why we’re opening our latest new store in your area and now we need talented people to join the team.
For our Customer Assistants, quality’s not just a passion, it’s a way of life. Putting the same care and attention into the little tasks as they do with big ones, our store team know how important their hard work is to our phenomenal success.
Are you a flexible, target-hitting, customer-focused, challenge-hungry extra-miler who is 100% reliable? Working as part of a diverse and dedicated team, you will love the buzz and energy of a fast-paced retail environment. You thrive on a challenge so you will love the fact that there is never a dull moment in store and always tasks to be done.
Above all else, our Customer Assistants are the face of our business, providing great service to our loyal customers. If you are looking to become part of strong team with varied shifts, this could be your perfect opportunity!
Please note that as part of your application you will be asked to complete an exercise, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you and your potential as a member of Team Lidl. Should you be successful at this stage you will then be invited for a face to face interview.
We look forward to receiving your application!
What will you do?
- Assist the Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager with all areas of store operation
- Operate the checkout and handle cash
- Make sure our shelves are well-stocked at all times
- Carry out regular freshness checks to ensure we offer the freshest produce
- Unpack daily stock deliveries
- Rotate stock
- Ensure the store is clean, both on the shop floor and behind the scenes
- Keep the store clear and ensure any potential hazards are dealt with quickly and efficiently
- Help with merchandising stock and preparing for promotions and special offers
- Assist with baking in our in-store bakery
What will you need?
- A can-do attitude and excellent customer service skills
- The willingness to go the extra mile for our customers
- To be responsible and reliable
- The ability to be flexible
- To enjoy working in a fast-paced, varied environment, hitting targets and meeting deadlines
- To work well in teams and take pride in a job well done
- Preferably, previous experience in a customer facing role but this is not essential provided you have the right attitude
What do we offer?
- £8.45 to £9.79 per hour (subject to experience)
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
Click "Apply Now" to navigate to our online application form. Please ensure you attach your CV and covering letter.Apply Now
19.09.2017 | Customer Assistant | Store Imperial Retail Park, Thames Way, Gravesend
» Customer Assistant - 11-20 hours. Gravesend.
31.08.2017 | Customer Assistant | Store 160 Forton Road, Gosport
» Customer Assistant - 11 - 34 hours per week - Gosport
05.09.2017 | Customer Assistant | Store Portfield Way, Chichester
» Customer Assistant - 11 - 21 Hours/Week - Chichester
15.09.2017 | Assistant Store manager | Store 2 Massinger Street, LON-Walworth
» Assistant Store Manager - full-time - Walworth (Old Kent Road)
26.07.2017 | Customer Assistant | Store 2 Massinger Street, LON-Walworth
» Customer Assistant - full-time - Walworth (Old Kent Road)
15.09.2017 | Cleaner | Store Shellons Street, Folkestone
» Cleaner - 11-20 hours. Folkestone
21.09.2017 | Customer Assistant | Store 34 North Street, Worthing
» Customer Assistant - 21-34 hours. Worthing
05.09.2017 | Customer Assistant | Store 1B The Peel Centre, Rowan Way, Bognor Regis
» Customer Assistant - 11 - 20 Hours - Bognor Regis
26.07.2017 | Customer Assistant | Store Unit 2b Catford Island, Plassy Road, LON-Catford
» Customer Assistant - full-time - Catford
14.09.2017 | Customer Assistant | Store Unit 2b Catford Island, Plassy Road, LON-Catford
» Customer Assistant - Night Shift - 30 hours - Catford
20.09.2017 | Customer Assistant | Store 38 The Martletts, Burgess Hill
» Customer Assistant - 21-34 hours. Burgess Hill
19.09.2017 | Customer Assistant | Store Broadway Shopping Centre, Maidstone
» Customer Assistant - 11-20 hours. Maidstone Broadway Centre
15.09.2017 | Assistant Store manager | Store 71-73 Acre Lane, LON-Brixton
» Assistant Store Manager - full-time - Brixton
01.08.2017 | Customer Assistant | Store 71-73 Acre Lane, LON-Brixton
» Customer Assistant - full-time - Brixton
14.09.2017 | Customer Assistant | Store 100 Victoria Road, Horley
» Customer Assistant - 21-30 hours. Horley
01.09.2017 | Customer Assistant | Store 99 London Road, LON-Croydon
» Customer Assistant - 25 - 30 hours - Croydon
26.07.2017 | Customer Assistant | Store 3 Bellenden Road, LON-Peckham
» Customer Assistant - full-time - Peckham
14.09.2017 | Customer Assistant | Store 6-8 Quarry Hill Road, Tonbridge, Kent
» Customer Assistant - 21-30 hours. Tonbridge
18.09.2017 | Assistant Store manager | Store 31a-33a London Road, Cowplain, Waterlooville
» Assistant Store Manager - full-time - Waterlooville
20.09.2017 | Customer Assistant | Store 31a-33a London Road, Cowplain, Waterlooville